Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Danag


I love reading books about witchcraft or Vampires. So when I was reading the Twilight Saga of Stephanie Meyer, I came across a specie of vampire called Danag. Meyer said it's the filipino version of Vampire. For sure, many of us haven't heard a lot about Danag. I got really curious about this Danag thing so what I did was, I researched. Since I was born, I never heard about danag... sure there are legends about manananggal, kapre, taiho, tik-tik and etc. but Danag's kind of new to me. I haven't even encountered it from the nginig or magandang gabi bayan (shows about creepy things). I think they're not that popular like aswangs. But that won't hinder me for liking Vampires. They're just so extra-ordinary. They live in this huge mansions. They wore dress w/ corset, looks sexy, have pale skin, colored lenses, red lips and even drinking blood!!(SOUNDS HOT)! Very VICTORIAN! and I love that idea.

So, I got these facts and I'm so excited to share it to you.

*A Danag is a Filipino vampire. According to its legend, the
danag helped people by planting taro on the land. The danag and the humans had a good partnership. But one time, a woman cut her finger, and the danag sucked her wound, and enjoyed the taste. The woman died because her blood was drained. Since then, the danag is considered evil.
*'Danag' is a very old Visayan (Cebuano) word that means 'image/silhouette in the dark'.

No comments:

Post a Comment